SVCHOST Error

ikle_pixie 19:15 03 Nov 03

What is it? How do i fix it!
Im running windows 2000. I've been having loads of problems with windows, especially that, so i decided to format the partition with windows on which i have just finished doing and its happened again and now im back at square one!

HELP!

JIM 19:26 03 Nov 03

Are you absolutley sure there is no sign of the blaster worm?

info.

check under c:/winnt/system32/wins
see if there is a file there named SVCHOST.exe or DLLHOST.exe
check out the properties, see if it has been signed and marked with the author, version etc. and the size, a real svchost should be 4-6K, the virus version is usually 10K, also the virus one will not have proper authors/signature/version etc, find and run the msblast fix

recap 19:26 03 Nov 03

click here it may help

JIM 19:27 03 Nov 03

Snap:)

ikle_pixie 19:36 03 Nov 03

hmmm both files say they are from the microsoft corp. dllhost is 5.76 KB and the svchost is 7.76kb....what ya think?

JIM 20:00 03 Nov 03

Would believe ok,as mine are little higher.

(got me worried) :)

Give the build up to how you system arrives at the SVCHOST Error as briefly and as clearly as you can.(not being rude)

ikle_pixie 20:23 03 Nov 03

to be quite honest...i dont know what the build up is, it just happens (at annoying times!). I've just installed the windows 2000 patch for it...so now i just have to wait to see if it happens again....i shall return if it does if not i'll tick the box :o)

ikle_pixie 21:25 03 Nov 03

well...i havent seen it yet..
Im having problems with my network now though. The client pc keeps loosing its connection to the internet...can that have something to do with the virus? Its fine again when i restart my pc...or is it something completely different

JIM 22:26 03 Nov 03

Try a scan online after accepting the file download,see what it brings up if anything.Takes a little while to go through.

click here

powerless 22:49 03 Nov 03

Start, run, type:

eventvwr.msc

Click ok.

Click APPLICATION and SYSTEM look for errors, to do with svchost.

ikle_pixie 23:06 03 Nov 03

Right...performed a scan it cleaned one worm (malware.WORM_NACHI.A).

Did what you said Powerless...couldnt find anything to do with svchost.

So do you think the above worm was causing the problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant