SVCD Problem

woodbexhill 13:03 19 Oct 03

I have some problems with an SVCD Image file I have.

It's in .bin & .cue format, and so I can load it into Daemon Tools and Burn it with Nero.

I loaded the image into Nero, and wrote it to a CD, if I attempt to watch this CD via. another computer it says in My Computer there is 0Bytes of Data on the CD (yet i can see where the image has been written to the CD if I physically look at it). Also, when I attempt to view it on my DVD Player (which I know can play VCD's) it will not load up.

I've put the image into Daemon tools, and mounted it and it My Computer there CD Drive has been emulated. Windows Popped up asking me how to deal with the CD, and I selected play with Real Player. Unfortunately, It saw the name of the file in the media playlist (AM-1.mpg I think) but when I selected play Real Player froze up.

Also, whenever I have the CD in a drive, or the image being emulated thru daemon tools if I go to my computer and simply right click, double click or single click on the CD Icon then My Computer freezes up.

If anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated, I really don't know what the problem is, am I missing any files, decoders?

johnnyrocker 13:29 19 Oct 03

what happens if you burn it as data?

woodbexhill 13:32 19 Oct 03

I haven't tried this yet, and I'm not too keen as it's probably a waste of a CD. But wouldn't it just burn the image file without converting it from .cue or .bin so it's just the 2 files on the CD.

hugh-265156 13:38 19 Oct 03

type "burn bin cue into google" lots of info.

Cantillion 14:18 19 Oct 03

ISObuster is an excellent tool for extracting data from a bin file. More often than not, attempting to burn a bin file directly in Nero (with or without a cue file) ends up creating coasters.

Download isobuster from Smart Project and open up your bin file. If it's not corrupt, you should see the file structure of your SVCD. You can thene extract the data you need and burn using your preferred burning software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…