Suspicious Remote access to PC

terrymag 16:00 09 Aug 05

Sometimes I get a blocked message while using Norton Internet Security which reads:
The following is trying to remotely access your computer.
The file is EBRR.EXE and it is looking to connect with : C:\Program Files\Common files\Epson\EBAPI\EBRR.EXE

My printer is an Epson 760 Color.
Is the remote access an attemp to update the Epson software or a possible virus attack?
If I want to update software, I would go to the particular website and call it up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Completealias 16:07 09 Aug 05

According to click here it is a ligit epson process called the Epson Bi-directional Request Router The description is as follows

ebrr.exe is a process associated with Epson printers. Instigates bi-directional communication between computer and printer allowing for realtime status monitoring etc.

It states on that list thou that it does not use the network or internet. At a guess I would say that it is your printer itself trying to communicate with your pc.

woodchip 16:10 09 Aug 05

Also it could be click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…