//some 3rd party need geo

Suspected Virus I think on my laptop, please help

erkmatrix 19:28 16 May 05

This problem has been on the laptop (Siemens Amilo Pro with Windows XP Home)for some time now, everytime it loads up a Windows has detected new hardware screen comes up saying something called winio, you can't ever get it to find the software for this thing, whatever winio is so hence its there everytime computer comes on. I tried tonight to system restore, only it came back saying it couldn't be restored to what ever date I tried, so I thought I'd try safe mode, only when I clicked on safe mode option it just kept flashing up a blue screen for a second then going back to the same screen asking me to select safe mode again. I think this must be some virus, nothing came up though with AVG.

Anyone any suggestions.

VoG II 19:32 16 May 05

Try a scan with a² click here

Border Collie 19:34 16 May 05

Just found this:- WinIo - This library allows direct I/O port and physical memory access under Windows 9x/NT/2000 and XP. Version 2.0 provides faster I/O port access, better memory mapping support and can be used from non-administrative accounts under Windows NT/2000 and XP.

Border Collie 19:34 16 May 05

Just found this:- WinIo - This library allows direct I/O port and physical memory access under Windows 9x/NT/2000 and XP. Version 2.0 provides faster I/O port access, better memory mapping support and can be used from non-administrative accounts under Windows NT/2000 and XP.

erkmatrix 22:00 16 May 05

I tried the scan and found 49 malware and then did an updated virus check it found trojan horse downloader.small.38.x so got rid of it then did A squared program again and even though I'd just run it, it came up with trojan win32Agent.cs

Anyone know what else I can do cause restarted computer and still won't safemode and still comes up with windows detects new software winio

Jak_1 22:06 16 May 05

I had put a reply on your other thread! If all fails to solve the problem then I sugest doing a re-install from your System CD's.

First though I would search the drive for all instances of winio and move them to a cd, then do a registre clean using a utility such as 'regclean' before resorting to a re-instal of the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…