Suspected Virus I think on my laptop, please help

erkmatrix 19:28 16 May 05

This problem has been on the laptop (Siemens Amilo Pro with Windows XP Home)for some time now, everytime it loads up a Windows has detected new hardware screen comes up saying something called winio, you can't ever get it to find the software for this thing, whatever winio is so hence its there everytime computer comes on. I tried tonight to system restore, only it came back saying it couldn't be restored to what ever date I tried, so I thought I'd try safe mode, only when I clicked on safe mode option it just kept flashing up a blue screen for a second then going back to the same screen asking me to select safe mode again. I think this must be some virus, nothing came up though with AVG.

Anyone any suggestions.

erkmatrix 19:31 16 May 05

sorry this got posted 4 times, this computer is doing some strange things, please delete the other 3

Jak_1 21:15 16 May 05

From what I can gather doing a google search it is a programers program. Sugest doing a file search and removing them to a cd in the first instance, then using a Registry cleaning utility do a reg clean. There are many good freebie ones available and PC Advisor cd's sometimes have one one them.

stalion 21:58 16 May 05

do a clean up with this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…