Suspected virus

jessej 10:52 17 Mar 05

My daughter is in trouble - again.
AVG, and various other programmes. The initial screen shot for the programmes flash on the screen, then go off again making it impossible to run the programmes.
I've tried going for on-line virus scans, namely Trend Micro and Panda. In every case the download shot pops up on the screen, then goes off again. Panda comes up with an error warning to say that the download failed.
I am now at a complete loss as to what to do next being unable to access any virus checker.
She has been in touch with a few of her friends and all seem to be having the same problem. The one thing common to all of them is that they are using MSN Messenger (BETA)
OS is:
XP Pro, without SP2, is installed.

Andsome 11:21 17 Mar 05

Register at this site. Go to the Hijack this and Spyware removal page. Follow the instructions to post a hijack this log. There are several experts on that forum who will solve your problem. You can as an alternative, post a hijack this log on this forum, but it is a bit of a fiddle as it has to be split into two parts, due to restrictions on this forum.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…