suspect software?

geedad 23:14 13 Oct 03

Anybody had any dealings with a company selling Super LOW priced OEM CDs. For example: M/S Windows 2000 Pro $266.99 'our price' = $50.
This e-mail comes from "Thomas Kearney"
Sounds too good to be true. They say because it is a CD only, and not packaged, they can sell this at this low price.
Many other products are being sold at very low prices. Would like comments if any experience of this company.
geedad

Forum Editor 23:51 13 Oct 03

do you have a url for it?

spuds 00:06 14 Oct 03

I think similar 'American' offers were doing the rounds awhile back.You may find something within the forum Search facility.

Give more information, and perhaps someone as better knowledge of the company in question. Personally,I would be a little dubious of sending for these type of offers.Should add though, that some of this type of cd-rom sales,at low prices,can result in 'out-dated or bankrupt stock'.Which can usually be obtained via computer fairs.

Gandalph 00:14 14 Oct 03

I thnk I am right in thinking that OEM disc's should not be for sale. These Disc's are sold under licence to Computer Manufacturers to install systems on their machines.

woody 00:29 14 Oct 03

I have had two or three emails over the last 6mths offering xp pro $50 and others to good to be true.One did state it was made out east!!

hugh-265156 01:55 14 Oct 03

click here seems a good deal and is legal.

geedad 10:47 14 Oct 03

Many thanks to all who replied to this query. I think I have got the message!!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…