Suspect Netscape Mail message

zumlif2 17:59 27 Aug 04

I use Netscape Mail so that when I change ISP I don't have to change my e-mail address. I received to-day an e-mail from a strange sender viz:-
[email protected].. I cetainly don't recognise this and I suspect a virus. In Netscape mail I cannot view the complete header nor forward the message without opening it and this I do not want to do to be safe. Has anyone know of a solution other than deleting the message?

woodchip 18:09 27 Aug 04

Do as I do in Netscape Right Click delete

zumlif2 09:41 28 Aug 04

Thank you woodchip. However when I tick the message and then right click on "Delete" as you suggest, I get a drop down menu which is to do with Netscape and not specifically for the message in question. Is this what you get? I right clicked on the message itself but there was no information about the sender only a similar drop down menu.

Belatucadrus 12:28 28 Aug 04

If there's no attachment it's probably spam, so unless you feel you need whatever mind numbingly useless product they're trying to sell, delete.

woodchip 18:26 28 Aug 04

If you right click a Message in Netscape you get a Drop Down, at the bottom is Delete

zumlif2 18:21 29 Aug 04

Thank you for your comments.Netscape claims that all e-mails are scanned for virus so it should be OK to open this one. It is just that I am curious to know what it is. Right clicking on the e-mail produces a drop down menu as below.
"Open Link in New Window
Open Link in New Tab
Bookmark this Link
Save Link As
Send Link
Copy Link Location
Properties"
There is no "delete"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…