Suspect Motherboard Faulty

FEISAR 15:22 27 Feb 03

Can anyone help me with a problem I'm currently experiencing. My IDE channel 1 has failed to my dvd drive, Graphics card agp port brings up a blue screen and scary warning message about system damage and my on-board sound has gone quiet.

system spec:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ga7dx/c
Processor: Athlon 1.3
Memory: 128mb DDR
HD: 40 gig
O/S: Win XP Pro

I have updated my Bios.

Further to this I am now experiencing an error message when I try to load my Kodak EZ200 camera. XP keeps asking me to install the software after I have already installed it. System then went into safe mode loop but eventually broke out of it. I have left this USB device off. Ports seem okay as they work with my MP3 player.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

woodchip 15:29 27 Feb 03

Try this remove all hard drive connectors and do the same with CDRW and DVD reboot and go into bios check if memory OK when you boot leave it for ten mins then add Hard drive and test, and so on but do not forget to pull the power plug from wall when you remove or add hardware

FEISAR 15:08 28 Feb 03

Sorry, I should of added that I have replaced the sound card and disabled on-board sound, changed the ribbon cable to IDE 1 and replaced the graphics card (geforce 2) with a 16 mb vanta card.

All seems to be okay except when solving these faults I had a blue screen (warning message) telling me that my system is being protected and may be damaged if I try to continue. I then went safe mode checked all settings which were okay. I then rebooted and eventually it came out of it and seemed to settle. This is why I suspect that the motherboard may be faulty. I find it hard to believe that all these things occurred at about the same time.

About a week after this I then tried to install the EZ200 software and got the hardware wizard which wouldnt go away or aknowledge the software was installed.

My sister has virtually the same setup and had know problems installing her camera. (only difference is she has a GA7ZXE motherboard)

Is there anyway to test my motherboard?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…