Survey pestering

anniesboy68 10:28 24 Jul 13

Quite often when I log into my gmail 9which I believe opens in Nightly (the win8 Firefox browser]and when I access the internet again by Nightly I am being pestered to complete a survey. A womans voice starts "hello visitor bla bla bla". How can I stop this, please???? AB68

Graphicool1 11:14 24 Jul 13

Have you tried completing the survey?

Woolwell 11:21 24 Jul 13

It's probably an ad. Don't use Firefox on W8 so cannot give further advice. Without knowing more I would not follow Graphicool1's advice as I do not click on anything like that as it could be malicious.

Graphicool1 15:30 24 Jul 13

anniesboy68

I use Windows 7, my browser is Firefox and have a Gmail account. I just logged in to see what you were refering to? Nothing, well, what I mean is there wasn't a "woman's voice, trying to get me to do a survey".

I use the FREE 'Adblock Plus 2.3'...CLICK HERE...What Ad-blocker do you use?

anniesboy68 16:57 24 Jul 13

Thanks all for input! Have downloaded Addblocker plus its stated its installed but I can' find it. Have been using Super Anti Spyware prog.

Graphicool1 08:11 25 Jul 13

Super Anti Spyware is fine, it looks for Spyware, but it doesn't block ad's. open Firefox, Click on 'Tools', in the drop down menu, the second item in the list is 'Add-Ons'. Click that, then if it isn't already open, click on 'Extensions'. Adblock Plus should be at the top of the list.

anniesboy68 11:57 25 Jul 13

Graphicool1..... Thanks for that, yes its there. AB68

Graphicool1 14:54 25 Jul 13

You're welcome, let's hope it solves your problem. Wether it does or doesn't let us know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac