surround sound speaker illiterate needs help!!

ladypolebug 04:21 26 Aug 13

I have an hp laptop that has the headphone jack and a microphone jack on the side of it. I bought a Logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker set and cant seem to configure my laptop to playback in surround sound. it always says there are only 2 speakers available. I have the green "line in" plugged into the headphone jack and bought an adapter so I can plug in the orange and black jacks into my microphone jack. it still doesn't sound good. only two speakers seem to work this way. Please tell me how to make this work.

ladypolebug 07:16 26 Aug 13

HP G62

Chronos the 2nd 09:38 26 Aug 13

This may help. Speaker configuration.

But did you not get software with your speakers which will help you with set up?

1]: [click here

BRYNIT 17:05 26 Aug 13

You say "and bought an adapter so I can plug in the orange and black jacks into my microphone jack" If you are talking of the Microphone jack on the Laptop this is a Microphone-in and should not be used for speakers.

From the instruction of your Laptop it only has a headphone-out this will only supply stereo sound. Instructions for Logitech 5.1 speakers indicate this is the only way to connect to your laptop.

If you want to use the full 5.1 surround sound I think you will need to purchase an external USB sound card something like Click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…