Surge protector dunce

Steven135 18:27 07 Jul 03

For many months I have been Merrily computing away thinking I was protected against power surges then during a thuderstorm last night a dim light shone in my brain and I realized that the Broadband Wireless Router was unprotected and of course it connects straight to the computer as does my handheld sync cradle which was also not protected

Just bought another surge protector strip I doubt any one else has been as silly as me but you never know!

AdeJ 20:29 07 Jul 03

I filled the sockets in the 'office' up with surge protector strips - that way there's no way anything in here can be plugged into anything BUT protected mains / phone

Steven135 22:03 07 Jul 03

AdeJ, Good idea I have done the same now would be a shame to fry all this expensive equipment for want of a couple of pounds of prevention!

Only glad the penny dropped I've never been protected!!!!

Valvegrid 22:16 07 Jul 03

Hate to throw a spanner in the works. Do you really think a surge protector will protect you?

click here

Don't underestimate the power of nature.

Sir Radfordin 22:24 07 Jul 03

I've got a 6way plugged into a 2 way that runs most of my computer bits. Not surge proected. Have a 4 way surge protected that has my phone charger and razor charger plugged into it. Hmmm think something isn't right ;)

Steven135 22:27 07 Jul 03

Looks like I'll have to crawl under the desk during storms not to shelter you understand just to reach the plug.

Belt and braces are in!

AdeJ 23:56 07 Jul 03

..or buy a surge protection strip that comes with insurance - and make sure those backups that we all do every day are up to date..!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…