surge protection

Bald Eagle 08:05 06 Sep 03

Read two excellent threads started by Optimo and Gonzoogler. Have just had a "bump" which knocked out computer and satellite box, separate sockets. Been online to order spike protectors but baffled by descriptions. What figures should I be looking for for speed of reaction etc.? Or any brand recommendations. I should know better because I am running on a bit of wet string out in the countryside in Brittany.

Bald Eagle 08:07 06 Sep 03

Sorry, Gongoozler. TYPO.

krypt1c 08:17 06 Sep 03

The most well known brand is Belkin. This is a link to their home page. click here You should be able to find their products in most decent electrical retailers. Most of the on-line computer suppliers should have them as well. I use the 8 scocket surge pro.
bon soir

spuds 12:08 06 Sep 03

Just bought a 'beauty' from click here on recommendation from someone within the forums. 6 way with added modem protection and £3000 warranty back-up, all for £11.49. Order code D12394-72. The actual product that I was supplied with a Micromark MM22255.Speed of 'response time' <10nS.As I stated, this looks a great surge protector, and I have ordered another one, which will replace my aging unknown quantity, presently used surge protection.

Bald Eagle 15:15 06 Sep 03

spuds, looks just the job. Just asking them if they deliver to France.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now