surge protection

Bald Eagle 08:05 06 Sep 03

Read two excellent threads started by Optimo and Gonzoogler. Have just had a "bump" which knocked out computer and satellite box, separate sockets. Been online to order spike protectors but baffled by descriptions. What figures should I be looking for for speed of reaction etc.? Or any brand recommendations. I should know better because I am running on a bit of wet string out in the countryside in Brittany.

Bald Eagle 08:07 06 Sep 03

Sorry, Gongoozler. TYPO.

krypt1c 08:17 06 Sep 03

The most well known brand is Belkin. This is a link to their home page. click here You should be able to find their products in most decent electrical retailers. Most of the on-line computer suppliers should have them as well. I use the 8 scocket surge pro.
bon soir

spuds 12:08 06 Sep 03

Just bought a 'beauty' from click here on recommendation from someone within the forums. 6 way with added modem protection and £3000 warranty back-up, all for £11.49. Order code D12394-72. The actual product that I was supplied with a Micromark MM22255.Speed of 'response time' <10nS.As I stated, this looks a great surge protector, and I have ordered another one, which will replace my aging unknown quantity, presently used surge protection.

Bald Eagle 15:15 06 Sep 03

spuds, looks just the job. Just asking them if they deliver to France.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…