Surfing is very slow with BB

Gaz_dc 15:28 30 Oct 04

Hope someone can help.

I have 750k cable broadband and connect to the internet via a netgear wireless access point. My wife has a laptop with Win 2K and everything is fine on that (I am currently posting on that machine). I have a desktop with a dual boot system. I have Win XP (and again everything is fine) and Mandrake Linux 10.1.

The problem is when I am surfing the internet under Linux. Certain sites are fine, but some (Hotmail and this one to name a few) just don't load. Sometimes I can get to the bit where you have to type in the password but most of the time it just stops after loading the banners.

Any thoughts anyone? I am using the Opera browser and have also tried Mozilla with the same result.

sean-278262 18:44 30 Oct 04

Have you tried the security settings I use netscape so I cant help but had a similar problem,try lowering your security settings.

Gaz_dc 21:42 30 Oct 04

I use Opera on both the Windows pcs aswell and compared the security settings - they were all the same.

Any other iseas anyone?

Gaz_dc 13:23 06 Nov 04

I have discovered the cause of this myself. It is a bug in the Community edition of Mandrake 10.1 and has apperently been fixed in the Official release.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…