Surfing on my TV?

paul654 12:21 23 May 05

At present we have one PC in the house with a Pipex 2Meg broadband connection. My kids often 'hog' the PC for homework purposes for hours on end. I would love to be able to surf the internet in another room but I cant justify paying £500+ for another PC and network hardware just to surf the web. It seems incredible that I have a high speed broadband connection coming into my home and a 37" TV yet there doesn't seem to be any way of linking the two together so I can surf the web on my TV in the comfort of my living room. Is there any hardware available that will allow me to use my TV to surf the internet thus sharing the broadband connection with our PC, I know my question may sound a little naive but it just seems crazy to me that such hardware doesn't seem to be available.
Thanks

keithlik 12:40 23 May 05

There are many ways of connecting two Computers to the broadband connection but your TV is just that - a television receiver. You can also often connect a computer to a TV screen for larger pictures but if you want to surf independently then you need another PC or laptop to share the broadband connection.
However - with advances (every minute it seems) you never know. I might just be be out of date!
No need to spend £500 though - you can pick up a decent used computer for £75 - £100.

2neat 12:41 23 May 05

click here. You can!

pj123 12:49 23 May 05

Doesn't share your already existing BB but do you have NTL cable anywhere near you? If so,

click here

but seems like that is the only one at the moment.

paul654 13:39 23 May 05

Thanks for the info folks. I'm looking at the 'iplayer'...click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…