SURF CONTROL. ACCESS DENIED!

Bonzy 10:45 25 Feb 05

Hello friends. The pc I use to access the internet is an XP Pro client on a client-server network. I find it impossible to download drivers. Sometimes when I locate programs eg drivers etc and click on DOWNLOAD to get it, the nasty pop-up message is SURF CONTROL. ACCESS DENIED. This makes it impossible to get programs and other material I need from the net. What's the way out, please. Thanx in advance

Yoda Knight 10:58 25 Feb 05

refer to your system administrator - sounds like there are restrictions in place

Bonzy 15:29 01 Mar 05

Thanx for response. Unfortunately the system administrator is not available so what I'll have to do is probably to access the internet using my dial-up pc. What I really needed today was a diagnostic software called powermax from the MAXTOR website. I need it to test a quantum hdd. I traced it on the site alright but on clicking DOWNLOAD the pop-up message was as above-ACCESS DENIED! What do I need to change on my dial-up pc to remove this restriction? Please help. Thanx in advance.

Chezdez 15:47 01 Mar 05

is your dial up PC in anyway connected to the network?

as for the networked PC, you need to contact your system admin, he should know how to fix it. or send him here if he doesn't :P

Bonzy 13:25 02 Mar 05

The dial-up pc is a standalone at home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…