surely this cannot be complicated??

okidot 00:51 15 Feb 07

hello,

I am using a copy windows XP home edition as my OS.
Basically, it needs to be totally wiped.
I have another version of windows xp here on disc, but wanted to delete the old version first.

Im not sure if there is need for installing a new copy of windows, as my problems may be solved in a format.
Would someone be able to give me advice on how to format/or how to replace my old OS with the new version ?[i already tried and it was unsuccessful]

thanks for your time
regards,
okidot

wky 00:56 15 Feb 07

just insert your new windows disk and reboot pc, follow instructions to format hard drive and install new windows.

ACOLYTE 11:06 15 Feb 07

This should help click here

you may need to print this off first for reference or just write down the relevant pieces)

ACOLYTE 11:07 15 Feb 07

P.S

You may need to go in the bios and change the boot order to CD first before you can boot from the XP cd.

HTH

Pamy 12:43 15 Feb 07

"Im not sure if there is need for installing a new copy of windows, as my problems may be solved in a format." If you do format then you will have to install one version.

Taff™ 13:57 15 Feb 07

You should use your original CD Key from the sticker on the computer. If you can`t find it run Belarc Advisor click here and it will be found listed under software installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…