Supernova not working with Internet Explorer

june862 13:50 23 Jan 08

Anyone use Supernova which has a screen reader for the blind called Hal? It should work with Internet Explorer, but on my PC it does not seem to be compatible. It won't read and it also won't allow anything to be typed in for example in the search box, so the keyboard is not responding at all.

birdface 14:29 23 Jan 08

You can contact them direct here.click here Worth a try until someone can help.

birdface 14:32 23 Jan 08

Can you try it with Firefox and see if it works on there.Then you will know that it is a I/E problem.

birdface 14:34 23 Jan 08

I suppose it could be your Firewall or anti virus that is stopping it from running properly.What security programs have you got running.

Sea Urchin 14:52 23 Jan 08

Just a thought - presumably you have a scanner attached, and I found out that nothing worked if the scanner was not switched on - even if I wasn't actually needing it at the time.

june862 11:14 24 Jan 08

I tried Firefox and the same problem occurred. Checked firewall and all seems ok. I don't have a scanner attached so it's not that. But could be something similar. Will try contacting the company as suggested for more info. Many thanks.

birdface 11:55 24 Jan 08

Sorry that we have not been able to help you June.We really need someone who uses supernova to give you the advice that you need.I am sure someone out there will be able to help.But we will keep looking.

birdface 12:13 24 Jan 08

Contact tel number and e-mail address uk.click here It does not say how much the calls cost.I thought maybe that they would have their own Forum ,but no luck.

birdface 11:25 25 Jan 08

Hi.Any luck yet.Have they got back to you yet.Just wondering with that type of program whether you would need your Flash or Java programs updating.

june862 14:02 25 Jan 08

Thanks for the link Buteman, I filled in a support form and I'm still waiting for a reply on this. I don't want to use the telephone helpline just yet in case it's expensive. Thanks for your help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…