Supercleaner

Bald Eagle 16:34 22 Nov 03

I have a trial version of this loaded and it gets rid of "junk" files amazingly. However, just having a browse through it and underneath Internet security it says look what dat files are stored on your computer. I've followed the instructions to delete them but even after a restart as stated they are still there. Is this feature disabled or am I expecting the wrong thing?

Limehouse 16:36 22 Nov 03

When you restart they are re-created by Windows. But they should be empty. Try opening them in notepad and have a look.

Jester2K II 19:16 22 Nov 03

Limehouse is correct. What you view is the contents of the file Index.dat. The file comes back after a reboot but should then be empty until you start surfing the net. What turns up in the file after a reboot?

I don't remember what was and wasn't enabled before registration but all i can say is it works 100% on my PC.

Bald Eagle 16:30 23 Nov 03

Your right they are empty. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…