Superantispyware...needs reboot

sunny staines 15:36 25 Sep 06

this program has started requesting reboot of the pc after each scan even though it just finds tracking cookies, only last week its been like this, anyone having the same reboot request

rdave13 15:44 25 Sep 06

Yes, alway has asked for a reboot after scan. Don't bother though if only picked uo cookies.

VoG II 15:55 25 Sep 06

I've just run it - it found 3 cookies and spent several seconds removing them but no reboot.

rdave13 17:08 25 Sep 06

Just ran a full scan and it found 54 adware tracking cookies ( that's my boy surfing for you!) and had to reboot. Always had to do a reboot since using it from the start.

dogbreath1 17:34 25 Sep 06

It may be that SuperAntispyware requires some processes to be stopped to enable them to be removed (as per Remove On Boot).

Googling makes it clear that it is not unusual for this app. to require a reboot although what little it has found on my PC has not resulted in such a request.

sunny staines 17:52 25 Sep 06

thanks for the feed back never needed a reboot till last week now its every scan, as first it made sit up thinking it had some real nasty spyware but it was just tracking cookies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video