superantispyware sluggish on computer

p;3 19:28 24 Jan 09

I have a computer running windows 98se and the up to date version of superantispyware ; however, since fully updating to the most recent version and definitions the superantispyware program is very sluggish to respond ; has anyone else had this problem? When I seek to End the program it takes ages to respond to the 'end program' command unlike the previous version that would respond immediately; is this a fault with the program?

bluto1 22:56 24 Jan 09

Hello p;3,

I honestly think the problem lies with your PC, not with SAspyware. Have you noticed any other slowness in programmes? or in movement between websites? or, indeed with with any other anti malware programmes?

I'm off to bed very shortly, but hopefully someone competent in this sort of problem will look in.

Stuartli 23:51 24 Jan 09

As SUPERAntispyware is compatible with Windows 98SE upwards, it could be worth uninstalling it and then re-installing with a fresh download.

p;3 23:16 25 Jan 09

I tried a fresh install and got the same sluggishness; program took ages to open and even longer to do an impossible update; maybe sadly yet another program to consign to the barbage bin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos