superantispyware - shutdown?

Trotter2 17:26 07 Aug 09

Hi, I'm running Windows XP, with Mozilla Firefox. For about the last year I've had Superantispyware installed on my computer alongside Avast, CCleaner, Spywareblaster, Ad-Aware and Spybot SD. however, just recently I've been unable to scan with Superantispyware, because every time I attempt it, it finds a file that doesn't exist (at least I can't find it), then the system shuts down completely. I have now un-installed Superantispyware, as I can't see any point in it being there if it's un-usable. I'm curious to find out if anybody else has had any similar problems and if so, how they sorted them out? I'd be grateful for any possible solutions or just explanation of why it does this. many thanks.

Technotiger 17:31 07 Aug 09

Run this One-click Maintenance, click here to help keep things running smoothly.

Sea Urchin 17:34 07 Aug 09

What was the file it found?

mfletch 17:45 07 Aug 09

Try installing the latest version {new out today}

If it still crashes in preferences scanning control untick use direct disc access scan,

Try a scan again

sunnystaines 20:14 07 Aug 09

what is Glary like these days tried early versions but the reg checker messed up quiet a bit and now use iobit ASC.

Is glary much better these days wondering if any mags have compared glary vs iobit vs wise for cleanups etc

Technotiger 20:21 07 Aug 09

Yes, I use it regularly, I like the latest version - I find it is only necessary to use the One-click tab, I don't need to bother with other parts, never had any problems.

I recommend it always.

Sea Urchin 21:32 07 Aug 09

I second that - another vote for Glary One-Click Maintenance, and the Registry Defrag works well also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…