superantispyware? opinions.

aine 19:08 11 Feb 08

I am seeking the experts opinion on the above.(1) Is it worth buying the pro version? (2) Is it better to stick with windows defender, spybot search and destroy, spyware blaster, etc. your opinions will be considered and acted upon. I am trying to refine the amount of security programmes running. Many thanks to all who contribute their two pennyworth Aine

mfletch 19:13 11 Feb 08

In my opinion SAS Superantispyware is one of the best but why don;t you download the trail version and see if you like it yourself before you buy it,

mfletch

anskyber 19:14 11 Feb 08

I am no expert so I nearly did not post.

I run Superantispyware (the free version) once a month on Vista and it has worked perfectly.

Once, I linked to a website dealing with tourism on the Isle of White on this forum and alarm bells rang. Spybot and Adaware found nothing but SAS did.

MAT ALAN 19:19 11 Feb 08

The free version of this prog, for a home user PC can't fault it...

skidzy 19:24 11 Feb 08

I have to echo the others,SAS is a very good program to have installed.

This will find things others miss,however nothing is 100%.

sunny staines 19:31 11 Feb 08

as mfletch an excellent bit of kit.

trisha01 19:31 11 Feb 08

I rate Superantispyware (the free version) above Spybot and Adaware, but it's all down to personal choice, there are some good free anti spyware programs out there.

SB23 19:46 11 Feb 08

Of all the ones I have installed, or tried, Superantispyware is the program that I use to find things that others leave behind.
The fact is it always finds something, even if its only cookies, it gives me piece of mind.

But as skidzy has already said, nothing is 100%, but you will find IMO that Superantispyware comes very close.

Steve

aine 20:04 11 Feb 08

thanks for all your replies, the consensus of opinion seems to be it is good programme to have. I have run the free version now, but is it worth buying for the rest of the goodies?. For under £20 it also comes with lifetime updates and is usable on 2 PCs

bluto1 21:59 11 Feb 08

Download and try out the trial version as mfletch says, first, and if it's to your liking I think it's worth £20. I use my free version once a week and get updates every time.

rdave13 22:10 11 Feb 08

Bought it for 15 squids a while ago for two licences on their special offer that comes up now and again. Well worth it just for the auto updates. You'll still need to run a full manual scan every once in a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…