Superantispyware not scanning

thumbscrew 23:19 18 Nov 09

I've got Spybot and Superantispyware installed. Right clicking on anything on screen has previously allowed me to scan for viruses with both. However, when I now right click, I can only scan with Spybot, the option to scan with Superantispyware is no longer there, although it used to be.Can anyone tell me how to retrieve it?

howard64 08:11 19 Nov 09

sas should start up when you first boot and right clicking on the yellow bug near the clock should bring up the main page with scan my pc as the first option. If sas is not starting then it either has been disabled by something or has become corrupted. If this is the case uninstall it reboot and then download a fresh copy and install it.

thumbscrew 08:58 19 Nov 09

Thanks Howard, sorry didn't mean the main scan...that's fine...I meant right clicking on a file used to bring up an option for a quick virus scan, but now when I right click, that option isn't there any more.

rdave13 15:38 19 Nov 09

Open SAS click preference tab-- scanning control tab and make sure box is ticked for Display scan option in Explorer context.

thumbscrew 00:10 20 Nov 09

Greetings rdave and thanks for that...yep it's ticked, but I still can't right click...no response??

rdave13 04:47 20 Nov 09

In all programs click on superantispyware and select repair. If that doesn't work then I'd do as howard64 suggests. Right click the icon in notification area and click exit. Go to add/remove and uninstall. Reboot and reinstall.
Any problems uninstalling then try the uninstaller assistant.
click here

thumbscrew 09:03 20 Nov 09

Thanks rdave and howard64...yes, uninstalled and reinstalled and now I can right click and scan again.Unsure why it stopped...computers eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…