Superantispyware free

smeetle 09:55 AM 13 Aug 11

Has anybody else encountered this problem,i run avira premium as my main prog and on occassion i use superantispyware as an on demand scan(free edition)..i have been trying to install the latest version and my antivirus keeps stopping the install with this message..the file 'C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE' contained a virus or unwanted program 'TR/Spy.Spatet.BC' [trojan] Action(s) taken: The registration entry was successfully repaired. The file was moved to the quarantine directory under the name '4cf899c0.qua'.

shoul i ignore this and let it run or is it a known issue?

many thanks smeet

rdave13 10:04 AM 13 Aug 11

I don't use Avira but if you've downloaded SAS from here it looks like a false positive. Can you set Avira to ignore it so you can install SAS.

smeetle 10:09 AM 13 Aug 11

Tanks for that rdave 13 i suspected as much,i downloaded from the link you sent plus from CNET with same results,will set avira to ignore it on my next install.

john bunyan 13:49 PM 13 Aug 11

I have Avira (free) and latest SAS (free - much improved) with W7 . Had Install issues, eventually I uninstalled old SAS in safe mode, downloaded new SAS to a folder, then it installed ok in mormal mode even with Avira running.

smeetle 13:53 PM 13 Aug 11

the link rdave13 sent work like dream installed to the latest without a hitch..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…