Superantispyware crash?

Zurdo 10:56 23 Oct 08

I ran a scan on my Viao laptop (Vista SP1) and Superantispyware found a possible trojan downloader, It was the first time it's ever found anything and I clicked to quarantine etc. After waiting about 10 mins with nothing seemingly happening I went to close the prog and had to use task manager to end it. The desktop icons disappeared and the comp shut down. I could not restart it even in safe mode and have had to use the recovery disks I made (Sony don't supply any!) to get it back up and running. Four hours later everything is back to normal, updates from MS, programmes installed etc. The only programme I had installed recently was Google Chrome, not that I'm blaming this but the moral? Don't be impatient if a prog like Superantispyware seems to hang. Let it continue. At least I now know my recovery disks work OK.

birdface 11:04 23 Oct 08

Maybe it was a false positive and you needed it for running Vista.So maybe a Superantispyware problem.

Zurdo 13:36 23 Oct 08

Could be Buteman. I forgot to write down the file name so can'r now look it up but anyhow thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…