SUPERAntiSpyware

Ventad 13:08 17 Jun 08

Vista O/S, I have loaded superantispyware several times in the past, it goes on for hours with only the time clock appearing to work. Does the 'files scanned','memory items scanned etc' only show once the scan has completed or should these clock up as the programme is working just like other AVs etc.

Stuartli 13:26 17 Jun 08

The files being scanned should be visible as the scan proceeds.

It takes about 10 minutes for SUPERAntispyware to run a basic check on my system and about 50 minutes for a complete scan.

Have you configured it to scan only the disk(s) required from Settings?

mfletch 13:26 17 Jun 08

As SAS is scanning the number items scanned will be shown on the right

Ventad 15:10 17 Jun 08

Thanks for your answers I have been out and left it running doing 'C' drive 2hrs 55min nothing else on the open page!!

Ventad 15:13 17 Jun 08

Infact it will not let me close it down, it asks me the question do i wish to abort answer yes and carries on!

provider 2 15:28 17 Jun 08

I too have SUPERAntispyware, but not this odd behaviour.

Uninstalling then re-installing might be the quickest way to fix it.

Ventad 15:32 17 Jun 08

Thanks for that, I will try Uninstalling it and re-install, I had to shut the computer down to stop the programme from running.

User-1229748 15:37 17 Jun 08

after you uninstall use ccleaner to tidy up before you reinstall.click here

provider 2 15:39 17 Jun 08

ventad,

There was a problem a while back with DDA (Direct Disc Access?), a "new technology built in" but it affected only a limited number of computers and has been sorted by an update about a week ago.

Whether or not this has anything to do with your problems, I don`t know.

Ventad 15:52 17 Jun 08

Thanks everybody I have uninstalled it, but I think I will call it a day for the moment. When I put it on again I now know what to expect and will see from then. I will tick as resolved.

mfletch 15:52 17 Jun 08

If you have difficulty uninstalling SAS use this uninstaller from SAS

click here

You could also visit there forum and tel them about the problems you are having with SAS

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5