Superantispyware

thumbscrew 19:10 03 Feb 08

I've got Spybot, and Adaware installed plus Superantispyware. Even though, many times Spybot and Adaware report no threats exist,Superantispyware run immediately after always finds a new load. Anyone know if these are genuine, missed by the better known two, or are they mythical?

mfletch 19:13 03 Feb 08

Superantispyware in my opinion is the better one of the three,

I never use Adaware or spybot I don't think they are up to the challenge any more,

mfletch

sunny staines 19:14 03 Feb 08

keep all three, superantispyware scans deeper and cleans better. it is probably finding tracking cookies that the other miss.

thumbscrew 19:26 03 Feb 08

Mfletch and sunny staines, thanks for the prompt replies. I'll keep all three as you suggest and also adding Spware Terminator.

mfletch 19:35 03 Feb 08

Be careful if you are using two real time scanners,

They can cause conflict,

Spyware Terminator and Spybot;s tea timer

mfletch

thumbscrew 19:45 03 Feb 08

Ok....thanks again pal, could you possibly elucidate? Spybot's tea-timer???

sunny staines 19:46 03 Feb 08

avoid teatimer in spybot

teatimer
click here

thumbscrew 19:51 03 Feb 08

Thanks *Raven*, hadn't heard of tea-timer, ok to leave it on Spybot would you say?

Havent used spybot for quite a while but sunny staines has indicated to avoid it.
Hopefully Sunny will give you an indication as to why.
As mfletch has indicated,if your installing spyware terminator possible they could conflict as both offer real time protection.
to enable/disable
click here

sunny staines 20:10 03 Feb 08

i found teatimer interfered with installs and updates. also if using the beta version of spyware terminator avoid the web guard crawler toolbar that also caused problems with other security programs.
i still use these two but not the optional extras i have mentioned, the live shield in spyware terminator is good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…