super anti-spyware

osben 17:11 08 Oct 08

Hi

I recently installed a trial copy of the above and now that the trial has come to an end, I want to get rid of it. The reason is because it did not find things that AVG anti-spyware found.

I deleted the programme using "add/remove" but I find that it is still active. Nothing has been deleted apart from the entry in "add/remove"

Before I regret doing something else, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this program in its entirety.

Regards

Pineman100 17:14 08 Oct 08

Ccleaner should clean it out for you.

click here

osben 17:17 08 Oct 08

Hi Pineman100

That was quick. Thanks for your reply

I use that but is hasn't cleaned it out.

Regards

rdave13 17:24 08 Oct 08

Try reinstalling it. Once it's running then right click the icon in notification area and click 'exit'. Now go to add/remove and uninstall it.

Condom 17:26 08 Oct 08

Use Revo Uninstaller and it will clear it out and take care of all the left behind registry entries as well. I took SAS off my PC some time ago because it always froze my PC half way through. PS It is free and there was an update a day or two ago.

mfletch 17:27 08 Oct 08

There is a uninstall tool for SAS

click here

cowgirl66 17:31 08 Oct 08

I had Super AntiSpyware and followed their intructions to get rid of it - which was to do exactly as you have done using the Add/Remove tool. I found - like you - that Super AntiSpyware was still on my desktop and still in my Programs menu, and there was still an empty Super AntiSpyware folder in my Program Files.

I have now manually deleted all of these entries and left it at that. No doubt it is still in the registry but that's for a registry cleaner to sort out.

Pineman100 18:15 08 Oct 08

mfletch's solution is the best route.

cowgirl66 18:25 08 Oct 08

I agree, Pineman! I have now used this tool and it cleared out the remnants. Cheers mfletch!

Regards cowgirl66

Stuartli 18:38 08 Oct 08

If you are talking about SUPERAntispyware, I find it brings up more than, in my case, Ad-Aware and even SpyBot (S and D) over a period of time.

However, there are updates daily (except for Sundays it seems), so you need to keep on top of this aspect by doing it manually.

Fingees 18:52 08 Oct 08

You can use a free version as I do.

I find it first class

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant