john-258918 02:44 02 Sep 05

cananyone tell me how to deoptimise supanet on my tiny lap top

Jackcoms 07:16 02 Sep 05

Deoptimise??

As in - make less efficient??

The Spires 07:26 02 Sep 05

Some information click here

pj123 11:07 02 Sep 05

There are also a few (49) threads here about this problem. You may find the answer there.

click here

I would have thought the easiest way would be to take out the existing modem and replace it with a generic one.

Legolas 12:32 02 Sep 05

The stuff below comes from click here Worth a try.

Apparently SupaNet have published a way of "de-optimising" the locked modems that are supplied with their partners PCs. It is mentioned here: tiny.com and this is what you have to do: (taken from chetnet)

(simply) sign up to a Supanet "Classic" (Pay as you go) account. Use the pre-loaded Supanet software to do this, then connect to the internet using that account.
Go to Supanet.net and log-in.
Under the "My Supanet" heading, you will find an option to "de-optimise modem".
Wait a few minutes, go back to the Supanet software on the computer, go to Options > Update Software.
When the updates come down, the modem is also unlocked.

Of course, this is of no help whatsoever if you have already de-installed the supanet software as I have already done, so the following fix also works.

Go to the Conexant web site, Driver Support section, and download the driver file for an HSF modem. (you have to click the "agree" button to get to the next page). You will probably want the one called "HSFp_WinXP.zip" Save the file to disc, then unzip it to a place you can find it later.
Right click the My Computer icon on your desktop, select Properties, select Hardware, click the Device Manager button.
Find the modem in the listing, right click the entry, and select uninstall. Confirm the action in the resulting box.
Reboot your PC.
On reboot, the PC finds the 'new' hardware, and asks if you want to install it - say yes, and tell the Wizard where to find the drivers (where you unzipped them to earlier).
That's it. The modem now shows as a Generic. You should now be able to access any ISP or other telephone number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…