Sunbelt firewall error BSOD

ACOLYTE 06:01 22 Mar 08

Every so often i get a error pop up saying cannot connect to service GUI,then i get a BSOD and windows starts a memory dump,i cant do anything but resart then,it is very annoying and i cannot find the reason for it,i have looked on the subelt site but i cant find much help there.
Anyone know or have an answer?.
If not i guess im un installing this and finding a more stable firewall.

beynac 07:27 22 Mar 08

Have you got the latest version (4.5.916.0)? I used to get the BSOD occasionally with the old version. Since the new version was installed, I still get the problem with the service (albeit less frequently) but it doesn't cause a BSOD. However, I still need to restart!

johndrew 10:40 22 Mar 08

I use 4.5.916.0 and get the BSOD message occasionally but when I check in `Security Center` Sunbelt is still loaded and functional. I find that going into `All Programs` and clicking on `Start Firewall` usually resolves the issue.

ACOLYTE 14:00 22 Mar 08

I'm glad its not just me that gets this error,and yes i have the same version 4.5.916.0,but the message does seem to be random and sometimes i can get it 2/3 times a day.Is there a fix or is a case of wait and see what sunbelt do to address it.

tonyx1302 17:58 22 Mar 08

Hi ACOLYTE. I have bumped your post as I also have the same error. Hopefully someone can suggest a fix or as you say, we will have to wait for a Sunbelt fix

Tony

tonyx1302 18:04 22 Mar 08

P.S. I have tried various other firewalls but have found none run in the background as well as Sunbelt.The error I get has only just started in the last few days and I am loathed to back to Z/A..Comondo etc. Let us know how you get on please.

Tony

ACOLYTE 23:31 22 Mar 08

I have emialed Sunbelt Support about this,have not got a reply yet when i do i will let you know.

ACOLYTE 18:12 24 Mar 08

I have recieved a very nice email from sunbelt with regardfs this error:

Thank you for contacting Sunbelt Software.

Most Anti-Vius software out now includes HIPS and that can cause a conflict with Sunbelt Personal Firewall HIPS. Use the following command to disable the Sunbelt Personal Firewall HIPS driver to resolve any such conflicts.

1. Go to Start -> Run; type cmd and press enter
2. At the command prompt, type the following and press enter:

sc config khips start= disabled
3. After seeing the SUCCESS message, restart the computer.

I have just dont this on my pc and am waiting to see if it indeed does help.
I hope it helps others too if they are having the same error.

tonyx1302 19:35 24 Mar 08

Hi ACOLYTE and many thanks for coming back with hopefully, the Sunbelt's error solution. I have done the same as you so will wait to see if it is successful. Fingers crossed and thanks again

Tony

ACOLYTE 00:14 25 Mar 08

Just an update,this fix did not work for me i still got the GUI service error that forced me to restart after pc locked up,so in light of this i have decided to uninstall this program and go back to what i had before,maybe when this program has become more stable and bug free it will be a nice edition to my pc,but untill then im going to leave alone.

Thank you for everyone who answered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…