Sumthings not right

donki 12:26 06 Mar 07

Ok guys need help. My computer is acting really strangly, everything was ok untill I booted up last nite and eveything was slow, from icons in windows populating to basic programs starting. When trying to play a game (Company of Heroes) the start up sequence was jerky and the audio stutterd, when tryed loading or starting up a game it took ALOT longer than usual. Ive ran AVG, AVG anti-spyware, Defragged till i can get defrag no more, ran microsoft malware, ran CCCleaner........... NOTHING its still the same. How can it change so quickly overnite? The only two things that i did was install Realplayer and get a new CPU fan because i managed to break one of the fins on my old one. Do i need to reinstall XP fresh? Please HELP

Computer:
Dual Core 4200+, 2GIG Ram, 250GIG HD, 7800GT

leedaz 12:36 06 Mar 07

First thing I'd do is uninstall RealPlayer, see if that solves your problems. Also get hold of a piece of software that monitors the CPU and M/B temps, in case the fan isn't doing it's job, SpeedFan is free but not sure how accurate it is, your M/B disc might have 1 on it, or click here
is very good and free.

ArrGee 12:41 06 Mar 07

Also run this (click here) and see what problems it picks up.

donki 12:55 06 Mar 07

I have ASUS PC PROBE and i shows everything is normal, i will uninstall real player and see wot happens. Arrgee im in work at the moment but will run the program as soon as i get home. Thanks guys.

vinnyT 13:04 06 Mar 07

If you have to have realplayer on your system, and it proves to be the prog causing the prob, then try real alternative click here.

leedaz 16:50 06 Mar 07

Tried to take a look at the Software in ArrGee's link, firstly the installer hung, and secondly, and more suspiciously, Webroot Spysweeper warned me that a temp file tried to allow IE7 access to 'boy-rape.com' which I blocked. I would be very careful of this piece of software.

16:40: IE Security Shield: found: C:\DOCUME~1\LEE\LOCALS~1\TEMP\IS-FKKMI.TMP\IS-RERN2.TMP -- IE Security modification denied

leedaz 17:20 06 Mar 07

Sorry, ignore my previous post, getting this message from spysweeper when trying to install this app, it seems to be a genuine and widely regarded piece of software.

Why I'm getting this from SS is another story though, need to look into this.

Ray5776 18:09 06 Mar 07

Firstly uninstall Realplayer if you think this may be causing the problem, you can soon put it back.
Then check the CPU temperature in your registry if it allows you to do this, this is far more accurate than any third party software.

Ray

donki 19:39 06 Mar 07

Thanks guys, seems to have done the trick my beast is back :). Thats a great program, has it been about long?

Any good programs to speed up XP Boot?

ArrGee 20:09 06 Mar 07

Was it WindowsCare that helped?

To speed up XP Boot, try the following:

click here

donki 21:51 06 Mar 07

ummmm think it was WindowsCare, found alot of problems lol........ Where do they come from? Any good free tweekers that work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac