Sumsung Cd rewritter SW-240B

allclear 02:46 21 Sep 03

Recently on testing my Sumsung Cd rewritter It took me over 3 hours to burn a 650MB data and my pc slows down increadbly.

Not believing the speed of burning I took my Cd, for testing, to a friend's house, who has a similar spec of the rewriter, and on his machine it took just under 4 minutes!!!!

I have read the manual and checked all the configurations per the maual but in vain.

I was copying from DVD Rom to Cd rewriter. Could the DVD rom be faulty as well? as the DVD rom also causes slowness of the pc. If its a software conflict does anyone know how I can test this out please as I am a bit reluctant, at this stage, to reformat my hard drive.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-pops- 07:10 21 Sep 03

Try copying the data to your hard drive first and then writing to CD rather than doing it "on the fly".

allclear 08:41 21 Sep 03

Pops Thanks but although I havent stated this I did also try copying the data to the harddrive which I had to abandon part way because the "estimated copying time" stated was over 1.5 hrs!!

Confab 09:37 21 Sep 03

What software are you using?

-pops- 10:17 21 Sep 03

Were you copying from the DVD drive or from your Samsung?

allclear 11:52 21 Sep 03

Confab
I have tried using Neno software & Win xp burning facility.

allclear 11:53 21 Sep 03

Pops

Copying from DVD rom.

-pops- 11:55 21 Sep 03

Try copying from the Samsung to hard drive then writing from hard drive afterwards.

Forget about using the DVD - this looks to be the bottleneck at the moment.

allclear 12:12 21 Sep 03

Pops

Just tried it. Message comes up "estimated time 47 minutes"

I am not sure whether its hardware or software problem. Any idea how I test software conflicts?

Thanks

-pops- 13:24 21 Sep 03

At what speed does Nero tell you it is reading/writing?

woodchip 14:23 21 Sep 03

You do not say how big the File you are trying to copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…