SummaSketch II graphics tablet connections

Gongoozler 11:31 13 Jan 05

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge available on this forum. I have recently been given a SummaSketch II graphics tablet, but it has no manual or power supply. The power input to the tablet is shared with the data I/O connector and on the tablet label the power is marked as 12V dc. The data lead to the computer is a 25 way D-connector which also has a concentric connector of the type often used as a power input. This connector is joined to pin 7 of the D-connector which is a data pin. I don't think my computer parallel port would be happy with 12 Volts connected to it. Does anyone on this forum have any knowledge of the SummaSketch and its power connection?

Gongoozler 15:25 13 Jan 05

Bump - in the hopes that someone will be able to help.

€dstowe 15:39 13 Jan 05

SummaSketch is marketed by gtco click here

Have you tried them?

€dstowe 15:41 13 Jan 05

Have a look here as well click here

Gongoozler 15:52 13 Jan 05

Hi €dstowe. Thanks for the response. I've tried there, but all I can find are drivers, no information on the hardware.

€dstowe 15:57 13 Jan 05

I was wondering if they're contactable by email.

Gongoozler 16:37 13 Jan 05

Hi €dstowe. Yes, there is a link to a technical support form on the page you gave me. I'll give them a try.

Gongoozler 19:47 14 Jan 05

I have sent a request to GTCO CalComp for information. Meanwhile if anyone on this forum has personal knowledge of this graphics tablet I would be very grateful for any help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…