Suitable photo-editing package

osben 10:11 15 Jun 05

Hi

I want to be able to convert a colour photo to a pencil drawing effect.

Does anyone know of a suitable package to do this.

Does Ulead PhotoImpact do it?

Regards

BRYNIT 10:43 15 Jun 05

Not sure if it will but you could download the trail version from click here it is a large file 81MB

GibsonSt19 10:57 15 Jun 05

You could either try a free photo/paint porogram, such as 'The Gimp' (click here).

The other option (other than Photoshop) could be PaintShop Pro. Version 8 is available for under a tenner, and version 9 is under £40! I use version 9 and I think it's great, but version 8 was brilliant too. For £10, you just can't go wrong (click here to check them out).

osben 11:16 15 Jun 05

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

BRYNIT - I have downlaoded the trial version but there doesn't seem to be a facility for pencil drawing effect, just pen and ink.

Gibson ST19 - So, do any of the packages you mention do what I want?

Regards

pj123 11:33 15 Jun 05

Although I have no desire to do it, I have just tried it in Paint Shop Pro 8 - works OK.

I also have Professor Franklin's Photo Effects (came free with an Epson printer a long time ago) This programme has all sorts of instant photo effects. Have used it quite often to get "edge effects", "different lighting effects" "sepia" etc. Not free but click here

jack 12:04 15 Jun 05

Most well featured Image editors will do this to varying degrees
Paintshop certainly can.

How ever This mags cover disc for December 2003 featured Photoartmaster classic 1.5

This is a cracker I use it all the time.

osben 12:39 15 Jun 05

Thanks for your input guys

I'll try them

Regards

belt&braces 12:42 15 Jun 05

You could try serif photoplus 6.0 free from click here

hssutton 12:50 15 Jun 05

Photofiltre will do this, it also as a Fade command so that you can fine tune the result. It's a super program + it's freeware. click here

David4637 13:39 15 Jun 05

You will find it probably can be done with Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, you have to follow set procedure to do it - its NOT a one shot menu item. Digital Photo mag £5 per month ( V Good) has covered this using Photoshop I seem to remember. David

Bagsey 17:16 15 Jun 05

Just done what you want in Paintshop Pro 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…