A suitable PC for beginners?

Belinda 20:29 27 Jul 08

My 81 year old Dad is about to bite the bullet and buy a new PC. (His current one came with Windows 95.) He wants my advice on what to get.

He's a complete technophobe, but has fallen in love with Google Earth, which he's seen on my PC and which is probably the only thing he'll use it for.

I'm a bit out of touch with latest developments and what's good, due to health problems. Suggestions welcomed for a reasonably-priced PC for someone whose computer skills are kindergarten level and who may need sympathetic support and handholding! (Is PC World a good starting point, d'you think?)

Thank you.

bluto1 21:22 27 Jul 08

The Dell Inspiron 530, advertised for £329.00 inc. savings, VAT & delivery might be a good one. It's got Vista Home Premium, and a good spec for general use, but if he's into games it's a no no. I believe that these offers may be limited to 30th July.

bluto1 21:24 27 Jul 08

You can phone Dell on 0844 4443041

Belinda 21:30 27 Jul 08

That's very helpful, thank you. And no, I don't think he'll be playing games on it! (If I can get him to open emails it'll be a major achievement!)

Thanks,

Belinda

ba2dmi 00:13 28 Jul 08

go to ebuyer.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…