Suitable Graphics card for new system

chunkies 11:36 26 May 03

I am about to build my own computer and am not sure which Graphics card to get. I don't do a lot of gaming but will use the pc for Garphics work - Photoshop, Illustrator etc. I don't want to over spec the machine and was thinking of a Saphire Radeon 9500 128mb. Any ideas if this will be suitable or could I get away with a cheaper option? I'll be building the system around an AMD XP2800 with Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard.Thanks in advance.

the radeon 9500 will exceed your needs, the 9000 will do the job, the choice is yours but buy the best you can afford.

Smiler 11:44 26 May 03

I agree with horiz5 the radeon 9000pro is a great card and will do all you need
Brian

chunkies 11:48 26 May 03

Thanks for the advice so far. It's tempting to buy the best possible but know I can save quite a lot by being sensible! I'm trying to make the machine as future proof as possible.

kane_2002k 14:32 26 May 03

with horiz5 and simler that a ATI radeon 9000 pro will do the job fine. Also i have found that for graphics work you can never have too much memory, i.e. try to get at least 512 DDR333 or preferably 1gig. Also large 7200rpm harddrive.

Also have you looked at Matrox graphics cards? they are the best cards for 2D work by far (unriveled picture quality in 2D) , suppling extremely powerful work stations for alot of OEM manufactors. Not sure what each model is like but they start from £80 I think. Here is link to there site if you want to check it out click here

kane_2002k 14:36 26 May 03

in that case a word of warning in 3D these things suck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…