Suitable Graphics Card For MoBo

Drifter 21:42 05 Sep 03

Hello, I have a Gigabyte GA-7IXE MoBo which had a 3D Prophet SE 32M graphics card. The MoBo manual says it supports 1 AGP slot- AGP66/133MHz 3.3v Device >
Has anybody any idea where I can find data on suitable graphics cards? I know it's old gear but it works well and is cheap!
Thanks in anticipation
Drifter

clayton 22:06 05 Sep 03

Think this might work

click here

click here

Drifter 22:32 05 Sep 03

Thanks Clayton, I really am getting in a mix with this as non of the cards on ebay or elsewhere seem to quote the 133MHz 3.3V. Is this critical do you think?
Thanks for the link, I missed this one today.

Drifter 23:33 05 Sep 03

I've read it and read it and I THINK that any newish ati card can fit my MOBo as they are universal 3.3V/1.5V. At first I thought I had to find an old spec graphics card, but now I don't think so. Am I right or very very wrong?
Cheers for now
Drifter

hugh-265156 00:10 06 Sep 03

i had a look on gigabytes site and there are three versions of your mobo.click here click here click here

there is sometimes confusion between slot type x1.0 x2.0 and speed x2 x4 x8.

most new graphics cards are universal slot type as you say and should work fine in your mobo but at a lower agp speed.

clayton 00:35 06 Sep 03

The graphics card on ebay is 3.3v, check with whoever you purchase your card from the it will work in a 3.3v agp slot.

Drifter 00:40 06 Sep 03

Huggyg71, thanks for the link, that was really useful as I am trying to find the fastest slot A cpu that will work with that board.I bought the board before I new the difference between Soc A and Slot A. Still it was cheap for the board, and I learnt a valuable lesson. READ READ READ first, then buy. I have my eye on a ATI 32MB RADEON AGP DDR, so I will give it a go. All good fun eh?
Cheers now
Drifter

Drifter 00:41 06 Sep 03

Er isn't a 3.3v board in a 3.3v socket a good match, or is it not that easy?

hugh-265156 00:54 06 Sep 03

have a look click here

Drifter 01:04 06 Sep 03

As far as I can see my configeration would be a universal card in a 3.3v slot as in diagram D.
The new card bus rating is AGP 2X/4X version, 2.0 compliant. I think that is right.....

hugh-265156 01:19 06 Sep 03

yes you are correct.most ati cards as you can see are universal.most nvidia cards also will work ok.

download aida32 and check all your hardware and update your agp and chipset drivers before installing the new card.just in case.it will give links to updates.

i doubt you will have any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…