Suitability of Sempron Socket A CPU

griffon 56 17:35 19 Jan 06

I'm using a Gigabyte 7IXE-4 mobo fitted with a Duron 950 CPU. I want to speed things up very cheaply & I see that there's a Sempron Skt A CPU for around £45. It's quoted as supporting a FSB speed of 333mhz. I know the mobo doesn't, but will this cause a conflict and make the combination entirely useless or will it restrict the CPU or will it do what I hope and speed things along. Advice please.

ed-0 18:00 19 Jan 06

The simple answer is no.

Even if it did run on your 100Mhz mobo a 2400+ ( is this the one ? ) would run at 100Mhz X 10 or 1000Mhz. Just 50Mhz more than you have now. I would very much doubt it would even run.

How about click here click here
click here

Thats a new mobo with a sempron cpu running at 1667Mhz and 512 of ddr ram for under a ton?

griffon 56 08:54 20 Jan 06

Thanks ed-0, I feared as much. I didn't want to go as far as a bundle just yet. I think that's the way I'll have to go eventually, but that meant a new power supply too, and then a new hard drive and more memory and....

You can tell, I'm the opposite of a so-called 'power user'. I'm a 'cheapskate user'. Thanks for the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…