Suicidal over firewall

the kopite 13:22 15 Mar 05

Help save the Kopite Guys I have inadvertantly configuered zone alarm to block my isp and no matter what I do it will not change I have unistalled norton and zone alarm and reinstalled them to no avail AOL keep saying (a error message occured while trying to connect you to AOL could be the result of a active firewall please configure it to allow AOL access) the trouble is guys the advice they give is for zone alarm pro and I only have free version so the measures they say dont show when I go into zone alarm ? Windows 2000 aol 9 its driving me mad Guys Thanks Kopite

TomJerry 13:25 15 Mar 05

this could be a solution

do not borrow long term, this would be naughty

TomJerry 13:35 15 Mar 05

evaluation ZoneAlarm Pro from its web site.

Install pro, set up and uninstall should do the trick.

By the way, doesn't AOL have it own firewall?

the kopite 13:54 15 Mar 05

Hi tomjerry I can not get on line to download it m8 yes AOL has its own firewll but I never activate it Thanks Kopite

medicine hat 14:28 15 Mar 05

How about chucking a registry cleaner at it, perhaps some references to zone alarm are left by the uninstall

go for zonealarm pro its an outstanding firewall. i run it and i dont hear a mermer from it.. swift silent and deadley!

TomJerry 14:39 15 Mar 05

if you "cannot go on-line to download"

dan11 14:51 15 Mar 05

it downloading and put on a disk?

To get you up and running.:-)

The pro 15 day trial requires no activation code, if you deselect the " check for the latest version " option in setup.

griffon 56 15:21 15 Mar 05

Forgive me everybody if I've missed something, but in both the free and pro versions of Zone Alarm permissions can be granted and denied under Program Control. If there's a red cross against any mention of AOL in the 'Access' column, left click on the cross and select 'Allow' for both the 'Trusted' and 'Internet' categories. Hope this helps.

the kopite 07:36 19 Mar 05

Hi Guys Sorry for the delay in getting back I decided in the end to reformat so problem solved though drasticaly lol thanks again guys kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…