//some 3rd party need geo

Suggestions for ZonaAlarm alternatives please

vaughan007 14:26 27 Jul 04

Hello all,

Can anyone suggest an alternative software firewall to ZoneAlarm as it sends my computer nuts (interferes with several progs that wont work properly with it installed, I have to actually un-install it completely for them to work).

Free only please and where to get em.

Cheers!

:-)

jonnytub 14:28 27 Jul 04
  TommyRed 15:23 27 Jul 04

I use this one, Outpost click here came highly recommended. The FE if I remember. HTH TR

johnnyrocker 15:28 27 Jul 04

i ditched za for sygate, no probs since.

johnny.

Stuartli 15:32 27 Jul 04

I've used ZA (free version) for several years and always updated as necessary - it's been with me from 98, 98SE and now XP Pro and dozens of different programs, applications and utilities.

I've never had one problem with ZA and it has never interfered with anything else installed on my system.

I suspect that most people have problems because they fail to configure it properly.

johnnyrocker 15:35 27 Jul 04

shant answer that one ;))

johnny.

March Hare 15:53 27 Jul 04

I had probs with ZA, it would block access to the net for no reason I could understand, and tell me to reboot - sometimes more than once in the same session.

I uninstalled it and have used Kerio (free) since then with no trouble.

jonnytub 16:01 27 Jul 04

I've never had problems with za free also. however i've heard that it does not sit well with norton.

€dstowe 16:09 27 Jul 04

I used to be a fan of Outpost but they stopped the free version without any real warning.

I now use Sygate.

TommyRed 17:25 27 Jul 04

The link above to Outpost free version I got today so it's still free. TR

GaT7 17:35 27 Jul 04

Free firewalls reviewed here click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…