suggestions for watermark prog please

hi all, i am trying to publish various 'art work'on the web, i dont want to use scripts or 'right click disable', i am going for the simple option of applying a watermark, then flatening and putting on my site - id also appriciate any other suggestions to make my images more 'theft proof'.

bump

Belatucadrus 21:32 24 Apr 06
  GroupFC 22:39 24 Apr 06

Another one for you to have a look at click here

Terry Brown 07:58 25 Apr 06

I have been using fineprint for a long time, as it offers watermarking as well for multiple options for printing click here. You get a free trial to see if it is for you.
Terry

hssutton 10:56 25 Apr 06

You don't say what software you use, but if it's PS or similar you can create your own watermark. it's very simple to do.

Open a new image at about 200 X 100 @ 72 dpi, white background. For the text initially use black (this can be changed quite easily at the time of application}

Select a suitable font, and on a separate layer Type in the copyright symbol (Alt 0169) plus whatever text you require.

Now go to Edit>>Define Brush, give the brush a suitable name and save.

To apply just select the brush that you've created, select a suitable text colour.
place your cursor in the area of the image where you require your watermark and left click.

At this stage in PS you can adjust the opacity by going to Edit>>Fade. You can see a sample here

click here

cheers all, ended up doing my own in photoshop7, check it out, no harsh criticism though please, its my first site .... spellings attrotious

click here

thanks anyway

Fellsider 16:38 28 Apr 06

Photoshop is what I use also.

the site looks good

best of luck

Belatucadrus 16:56 02 May 06

On the spelling front professional, not proffesional.
There's something mildly pear shaped with your right click disable, while it works fine on IE, Firefox gives the pop-up, but still permits the right click menu to work. Probably worth asking one of the HTML gurus on the Webdesign forum if there's a fix.
One small criticism, the Flyers and Logos page is pretty big, nobody on dial up is going to hang around long enough for it to load. Have you thought of trying thumbnails linking to the full sized image, or subdividing the page into themes of some kind ?

terryf 17:00 02 May 06

My son is a graphic designer as well and I have pointed out spelling mistakes a number of times, I ask him why he and other designers don't compose in Word then cut and paste since currently graphic and web design progs don't seem to have heard of incoporating spell-checking (not the ones he uses anyway).

Belatucadrus 17:04 02 May 06

Another thing, careful with the WB. Big American corps are notoriously litigious regarding trade marks and perceived infringements in the use thereof. If you don't have their permission to reproduce it, they can and will put you out of business in a split second.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…