Suggestions on virus removal

baz\ 15:42 23 Jun 04

I have had in the past week, Trojan dialer 8.u and trojan startpage and virus js/psyme.
I have never had theese many viruses at one time, i think i may be still infected, i have spybot, adaware,spyblaster, dialer control, AVG and zonealarm free installed. Is there a way i can make sure that my machine is not still affected?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Reagrds Baz

Old Shep 15:51 23 Jun 04

What os are you running. If your on XP they could still be in your restore points.

Gongoozler 17:04 23 Jun 04

Try an online scan such as this one click here

For removal of the virus js/psyme, see here click here.

baz\ 18:09 23 Jun 04

Thanks i am on XP, and yes i did cancel the restore points then scan, then turn back on.

baz\ 18:12 23 Jun 04

js/psyme is alr4eady removed as it doesnt show up on any scans? But Gongoozler i dont get what the trend micro removal tips are gettin at, i am a begginer and dont really get it.

baz\ 17:18 24 Jun 04

^

Gongoozler 19:41 24 Jun 04

Hi baz\, my frst link was for an online virus scan from Trend Micro. It's worth trying this because no virus scanner is perfect, and T.M. might find something AVG didn't. The second link was for removal of js/psyme, but if you're certain the virus is gone, then you don't need it.

If you think you have a trojan, then you might like to run a free trial of PestPatrol, a dedicated trojan removal tool.click here. I don't know what the limitations of the trial version are, it may not include removal, but if it detects anything, you can then decide waht to do next. First though, I recommend an online virus scan.

Gongoozler 20:14 24 Jun 04

Forget my last link, it was for an adware removal tool, and AdAware should have done that anyway. Try instead this anti-trojan software that was recently recomended on this forum. It's available as a trial download that will detect a trojan but not remove it. click here

albu 15:46 13 May 05

Here's a thought!

What's the best way to remove a virus, if you don't have an internet connection? I've always wondered about this.

Any thoughts, please?

Completealias 16:18 13 May 05

Give a2 a try as well click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…