Suggestions for a dial-up ISP better than Onetel?

DaiWales 13:23 08 Aug 03

Over the last few months my connection speed has markedly reduced-often to approx zero even at non-peak times, with fequent cut-offs.[I'm certain I have no problems with my pc, and my 'phone line is set at maximum gain.]
Onetel technical helpline don't respond to my emails and I've found it impossible to speak to anyone on the 'phone.
Can anyone recommend an alternative unlimited access dial-up ISP which doesn't have these problems?
Many thanks for any suggestions.

xania 14:00 08 Aug 03

I've had a Claranet account for as long as I can remember - and my wife has a separate one as well. They have various levels of account and they havbe an excellent help line (local call rates) where you may have to wait a little time during peak periods but they have never yet failed to crack a problem.click here.

Only downside I can find - you need a BT line to access their freetime services.

Of course, others will prefer other ISPs but, for the best choice, get hold of an Internet magazine and check the reviews.

I. T. Mastermind 14:16 08 Aug 03

Tiscali Anytime

keith-236785 21:19 08 Aug 03

click here for a free isp, i have been on this as a backup for about four years and so far have no problems, now i am on broadband and dont have a modem i cant access it but i can still get my e-mails ok through outlook express. by connecting my laptop to the phone line i can still get to the site though.

give it a go mate you might like it.

as a bonus, your free webspace address will be "click here" in my case i signed up as cmpl so my web address is click here(i used to run a local pool league, but this web site is now dead), just pick a suitable name.
nice and simple

TommyRed 22:10 08 Aug 03

Check ISP ratings here click here I tried it and went for Tesco, top in virtually every category. I'm more than happy with their 24/7 anytime deal, no restrictions either. I'm not sure if the 1st month isn't free.
Give it a whirl.
TR

DaiWales 07:55 10 Aug 03

Many thanks to all responses..will follow up.

HYDEMAN 19:21 12 Aug 03

tried bt couldnt even get connection went for aol then tried tesco for free month (not good)as there idea of problem solving was to tell me to go back to aol which i did £15.99 month free on line and tele advise both quick and helpfull always connect at 50,000+ and very few disconnections free pop up blocker and spam protection,for the average home user i cannot reccomend aol better.and u get first month free and £30 if u recommend a friend.maybe they should pay me £30 for this review lol

HYDEMAN 19:21 12 Aug 03

tried bt couldnt even get connection went for aol then tried tesco for free month (not good)as there idea of problem solving was to tell me to go back to aol which i did £15.99 month free on line and tele advise both quick and helpfull always connect at 50,000+ and very few disconnections free pop up blocker and spam protection,for the average home user i cannot reccomend aol better.and u get first month free and £30 if u recommend a friend.maybe they should pay me £30 for this review lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…