Suggestion 4 Forums

tbh72 12:55 23 Aug 03

On the thread listing page's eg helproom, consumer watch & web design would it be possible to have the page automatically refresh after say 2 or 3 minutes. Obviously it would have to be set at sufficient time for the members to read through the thread's or appropriate to how busy the section is. Eg I would expect the web design listing to be updated every five minutes or so, consumer watch every three minutes or so & the help room every couple of minutes.

This suggestion is only intended for the subject listing & NOT individual threads!

Hope that makes sense FE

Regards
T

Forum Editor 13:12 23 Aug 03

and the page is refreshed automatically already. We don't see the need to alter the peresnt system - it works pretty well - but many thanks for the suggestion.

tbh72 13:14 23 Aug 03

I was just being lazy...... Altering how much time passes during the refresh would have saved me from right click & refreshing from my end. I appreciate that this could be a draw on resources though.

Regards
T

powerless 14:03 23 Aug 03

The pages are not auto refreshed on my PC.

Pesala 16:46 23 Aug 03

You can enable automatic reload every minute if you like. Powerless, I think what FE means is that if click View All Subjects, or go to the next page of messages, the page is automatically updated with the latest additions.

powerless 17:05 23 Aug 03

OH i see i already do that.

I'm not getting opera just for the auto refresher...

graham√ 17:14 23 Aug 03

Wot about F5?

woodchip 17:26 23 Aug 03

You can make your browser refresh automatic, adjust the time like it does for mail

jakedawe 18:12 23 Aug 03

This add-on will refresh automatically as well as a host of other things. click here

powerless 18:15 23 Aug 03

Where the option for that then?

To refresh the page...

Weh hey hes back :-))) graham√ i use F5 aslo ;-)

powerless 18:15 23 Aug 03

Where the option for that then?

To refresh the page...

Weh hey hes back :-))) graham√ i use F5 aslo ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…