Suddenly laptop won't connect to specific wifi network anymore

Martin1111 09:13 01 Mar 14

Hi all,

I have the following problem which kept me busy the last days but unfortunately I can't fix it by myself. I tried a lot of things I found after searching for problems that were alike but no luck.

Since a week I'm staying in a sort of hostel where there are two wifi networks, one is passwordprotected and free of charge, and there is another wifi network where you need a username+password to login before you get access to the internet, you get the username+password from a machine after you pay some money and then fill it in.

Since I arrived I had no problems connecting to the free wifi with my phone, ipod and laptop, a Compaq 8510w. Until yesterday afternoon, when I suddenly couldnt log in with my laptop anymore. On my phone the same network is still working, and I bought a username/password ticket for the other wifi, logged into that one with my laptop and that workes aswell. So my laptop doesnt have a problem with wifi in general.

When it comes to the not working wifi-network: I see the free wifi network in my list, when I click it I have to fill in the password, so far so good, but then it's stuck on authenticating and I see the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it. Other people in the same building have no problems with this wifi network, just as my own phone.

I have deleted the network and connected again, did some of the ipconfig/flushsns commands, nothing works. But I'm open to all advice, hope someone can help me!

Thanks,

Martin

onthelimit1 14:45 01 Mar 14

Operating system? If XP, then try [Winsockfix ]1

Martin1111 12:22 02 Mar 14

Thanks for your response, my operation system is windows 7.

abhay822 22:21 04 Mar 14

Try uninstalling the wireless network adapter through device manager and then reboot the computer. The network adapter drivers will reinstall automatically on boot. Try connecting again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant