Suddenly Emails from two sources are not getting t

User-324448 12:15 08 Oct 03

I have recieved Emails from two people on a regular basis over the last two years, for some unkown reason now they send them to me, but I dont get them, they are not on my "Block sender" list, one uses NTL Broad band, he has sent ten letters an the last two were quoted as undelivered, nothing about the other 8. even when clicking on the "reply to" button I dont get them. I am with Freeserve Anytime and it has been very reliable. Any ideas as to where the problem lays would be welcome.Thanks in

hugh-265156 12:44 08 Oct 03

not sure but have you tried, after checking your pop and smtp settings are correct,setting up a hotmail account and seeing if you can send an email to yourself.

User-324448 13:11 08 Oct 03

just tried that sending to myself, no problem. I must add that I do get mail from other people

Jester2K II 13:26 08 Oct 03

What did the delivery notice say???

Djohn 13:59 08 Oct 03

The unreceived mail is not via AOL by any chance? They, [AOL] have been running a very tight "Spam" control of late and this unfortunately is affecting some but not all mail.

I'm with AOL and so far unaware of any mail failing to arrive, except for two that I do know of. I have registered a complaint with my ISP, but to be fair to them, other ISP's are also guilty of this to some extent or other. j.

hugh-265156 14:01 08 Oct 03

the problem may be at your friends end not yours.

User-324448 15:40 08 Oct 03

I have no idea what the message said when it was returned to my pal cus its his end and he is on holliday.
No its nothing to do with AOL they use NTL and another.
my feelings are that it must be at their end, if I do get it resolved I will let you all know
The NTL chap has managed to send me mail on my Hotmail (MSN) address but goodnes isnt it a slow and fussy programme (or is it me?)

GroupFC 21:03 08 Oct 03

I have a similar problem (I am using supanet as my ISP)in that e-mail from a friend in France keeps getting returned to him as undeliverable and I am on a circulation list for a scout group and a recent e-mail was not delivered. This message said I know said "Adminstrative prohibition".

I think Djohn is on the right track as I do know that supanet was having problems last week with quote:- "clogged servers due to the level of spam!" and I think that this may be clue as to why I am not getting some mail.

User-324448 11:15 09 Oct 03

Hug. your emails got through ok thanks, and Groupfc, we will have to cry on one anothers shoulders.If things do resolve themselves (and its been going on for a while now) or I stumble across a cure I will of course let you all know, meantime my pal will have to either ring me or use MSN

Rtus 11:43 09 Oct 03

Were the mails in question replies to you or new mails from the address book, I ask because I came across a similar effect when A person could send to himself but could not send to a specific address but could in fact reply to ones sent from that same address. We restored a previous registry backup & it cleared it.And recently theres been rumours of Isps loosing mail due to virus attacks..although I cant confirm that ..

User-324448 11:53 09 Oct 03

They were both, Emails from me to him are fine, but whether he clicks "Reply" or uses his address book they do not get to me, we have checked email addresses and he has re entered them into his address book,He can send to my MSN address though. However something youve said has hit a nerve or awakened a dead brain cell. This problem only seems to have shown SINCE he had his computer repaired and no I have no idea what the problem was, it seems it would not fire up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…