Suddenly cannot paste text from web into MS Works

hawthorn59 15:28 16 Oct 08

Hi folks

Just recently this problem developed--I cannot paste text copied from a web page into MS Works. I get this message

Microsoft Works Word Processor has stopped working. A problem has caused it to stop working.

Then it shuts down. The only way around it is to paste the text into Wordpad, then copy it and then it will paste into Works no problem.

Actually as i was writing this something occured to me. Im using Firefox, and hadnt tried it in IE7. So Ive just done that and it works just fine in IE7, it pastes without a problem.

So another Firefox problem. Ive been noticing a few little things with it in the past year or so.

Ive recently downloaded version 3, but unfortunately cant remember if it happened only since then or not.

Perhaps if any of you could with Firefox 2 or 3 could try it and relay results, we could narrow it down.

Many thanks

h

Rahere 15:35 16 Oct 08

Have you got a firewall installed - pasting from the web will frequently cause access issues so this needs to be allowed if a firewall warning popped up when you first installed firefox 3.0

VoG II 17:58 16 Oct 08

I cant reproduce this problem. XP, FF 3.03 and Works 7.0.

hawthorn59 05:13 17 Oct 08

I've only got Vista firewall. Dont remember any warnings when I downloaded FF3 last week. And never had this problem in the past.

h

skidzy 07:54 17 Oct 08

I can only assume its one of your addons causing this issue as the problem is limited to Firefox.

Something to try;

Make a note of your current installed addons (in Firefox/Tools/Addons) then remove one at a time (may need a reboot of the computer) and try MS Works again.
I think it could be a matter of elimination.

Does it paste into a Works document if you use the Edit and Paste Special ?

hawthorn59 14:07 17 Oct 08

Tried it again, and text will paste from SOME web pages! Still had difficulty with one of yesterday's ones but it did work with "paste special".

I think I'll just leave it...! I can get around it, just a bit more hassle!

thanks all

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…