Sudden start up problem with

cheeky 16:14 26 May 03

Hi all,

Recently my pc has started going bizzare! If I turn the switch on at the plug (after the pc has been off for the night) it now starts the machine without me pressing the button on the tower! This followed my on board Lan packing up this week. I have stripped the machine down and cleaned and put it back together and can see no possible shorts abd am at the end of my tether with it - Any suggestions folks? I have enclosed my specs below

XP Pro
KD7 Raid
bios C8
XP2200+
Ak7 Cooler
756mb pc2700
2 x 60gig drives (non Raid set up)
G4 Ti4400
CDRW
DVDrw
Audigy 2
4 case fans
Antec PSU
Chieftec Case
Realtek Lan card

handy4x 19:05 26 May 03

htis is because the bois is set to switch on after power failure most modern pc's need a tricle of power to save on the internal battery
if you enter the bios and look for power management or power and look for power off or after ac power loss and change the setting to power off

cheeky 19:37 26 May 03

it was set to power off, somebody suggested I try setting it to return to previous state and I have checked that wake on Lan is disabled as well. I have just stripped it down again, moved some stuff around and re routed some cables.

So far it seems ok, but thats what it always does untill the morning comes !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…