Sudden Sound Problem

babybell 19:20 07 Dec 05

For some reason the sound quality on my pc has become seriously damaged on SOME websites and some of my downloaded movies. I have Windows Media Player 10, i have just reinstalled it just incase but this has not solved the problem. My downloaded music sounds very tinny, and you cannot hear the singing, just the beat and it sounds like the recording is being played backwards, dance ejay no longer seems to play sounds and my downloaded movies, although the picture is fine, has the same sound problems where you can't hear what anyone is saying, just a lot of sqeaky, tinny noise. The pc was fine on monday as i used Ejay then. I have a Dell Dimension 2400 running XP and i have a Trust speaker system. Anyone have any ideas?

ICF 19:22 07 Dec 05

Try re-installing the sound driver.

ICF 19:29 07 Dec 05

Here are is your drivers page click here

Stuartli 21:39 07 Dec 05

Are all the File Types enabled in WMP10?

You could also try downloading the standard K-lite audio and video codecs pack (free) from:

click here

which covers most requirements.

babybell 22:19 07 Dec 05

This is highly embarrasing, but i have lost all sounds all together so i checked my speakers and although they were connected to the pc, they both run into a subwoofer as well and i have just noticed the cable was out completely, so i imagine that the cable was hanging out, causing the problems. I have plugged it back in and all is ok! Sorry to bother everyone and thanx to those who tried to help
Merry xmas everbody!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…